American artist Gayle Garner Roski creates vibrant watercolours based on subjects drawn from her many travels and surroundings. Injected with an inherent sense of realism Gayle’s work is incredibly life-like, capturing minute details in her often emotive work. In her Zulu Basket African inspired art series, Gayle captures the beauty and skill of basket weaving, and the intricate details of the weave and patterns. The vivid watercolours give the baskets a luminous quality. I keep imagining the paintings rendered in glass and set into a door, window or glass wall. Gayle shows her work at Tirage, a Fine Art Gallery in Pasadena, California.
[Image credit: Gayle Garner Roski, Zulu Basket Series I and II – Tirage]
Atelier Fifty Five is an inspirational design and lifestyle resource, that shines the spotlight on contemporary design from and inspired by Africa.
- Tribal Textiles Zambia x PATTERNITY A Modern Approach To The Traditional Batik Fabric Technique
- Seven Inspiring Modern African Design Collaborations
- String Pendant Lamps Inspired by Traditional African Jewellery
- Architect Mariam Kamara Giving Niger Identity And Pride Through Architecture
- Adinkra Symbols Writing Traditions Connecting the Verbal and Visual